NYE Dress V1498















Oh hello, my lovelies. I thought I'd come back to show you how my NYE dress turned out. We went down to Seattle this year, and Ubered it to about 6 different bars and restaurants since we still haven't explored the city all that much, and we are still trying to figure out where our scene is. Seattle lovers/explorers/dwellers: give me your recommendations, please and thank you. I actually asked one of our Uber drivers where everyone was headed (I was trying to tap into Seattle nightlife, feel me?), and she said, "I've literally been driving in circles all night." Great. Thank you. Seattle is such a chill city though, I'm not convinced it ever gets wild. Where I come from gunshots, fireworks, and screaming people punctuate holidays, celebrations, and other events. We had a fun time exploring and trying new places, and went to bed approximately 1 minute after midnight like the old people that we are.

Onto the dress! This is another Nicola Finetti design, V1498. Editor's note: I previously referred to Nicola as a woman, for which I apologize; he's totes a man. I fell in love with this design at the same time I fell in love with the previous Finetti design I made (see my Xmas dress post). I couldn't choose between them so bought them together and resolved to make both. I used a medium-weight stretch ponte knit from mood. It's a pretty wine color, which you can't make out that well from the pictures above. I'm having another artistic noir moment, apparently. And I foolishly used a light-weight jersey-knit that's been sitting in my stash for years for the lining. I don't recommend using light-weight jersey as lining. We'll just leave it at that.

This was definitely an intermediate pattern, and the most complex garment I have yet made. Although I am proud of the work I did accomplish on this dress, I think I'd honestly have to make this one again in order to do the design justice. The most confusing part of this pattern, for me, was the strangely-shaped lining pieces for the front panels. The construction instructions were not the most intuitive for me. But, I am confident giving it another shot will produce much better results. I am very drawn to the neckline details, and think this is a beautiful design over all.

Talk to me. What are your thoughts on this pattern? What did you do for NYE? What restaurants and bars must I try in Seattle?

xoxo,

Amy

PS. Like what you see here? Follow me on Bloglovin' .

Comments

  1. That's a hot dress. Great job! I was in Minneapolis for New Year's. Every year I go over to my aunt's house to kick off festivities with champagne and food. Then, I went to the Kitty Kat Club for old school funk and soul. Before the clock struck midnight I was downtown to meet up with my boyfriend just in time for a new year's smooch. The night ended drunkily with pizza and a sleepy car ride home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh hey Carmen! Sounds like you had a great time! Does Minneapolis get down on New Years, or more laid back? Nice you spent time with family and went out besides...

      Delete
  2. I think you look amazing, such a lovely dress, the thigh split is fab, very sexy. I have little chance to dress up (3 kids!!) NYeve was spent at home, I really need to get more!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lynsey! We try to keep the date night alive, which is the only time I typically dress up ;) Why are cocktail dresses so much more fun to sew?

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

V8928 Wrap Skirt!

Axel Skirt

Notes From The Comeback Kitten/ Papercut Patterns Ravine Dress