Notes From The Comeback Kitten/ Papercut Patterns Ravine Dress











Huzzah! My fair readers, it is so wonderful to be writing to you again! Did you miss me? Hopefully not too much? I missed writing to you, but these last few months have been full of movement, and a lot of change for me. This is the first day of my staged comeback ;) I am alive, I am well, and I seem to look pretty good? Joking aside, these last 6 months have been pretty shit lol. I used to never say words like shit on this blog, preferring instead to use cutesy Shakespearean insults that people were really unsure the meaning of, but it's been that kind of year. Now I say shit. I typically try to keep my social postings extremely positive, not because I'm trying to be fake, but because I don't want to drag everyone else down into my emotional/psychological vortex. Ya know? Because I like you guys, I don't tell you everything. Well, that's how I typically do it. This year, life decided to hand my ass back to me. It's been a struggle. I don't want to go into the details of the struggle, the loneliness, depression, uncertainty etc. It was all there for me, you can rest assured in that. I will say in some of my darkest times, there was strange humor? My internal lights/guides made sure to make me laugh even as I was staring down the vortex, and I think that's a huge part of what helped to get me through it.

I will also say that life sucks sometimes and that's ok. We fight our best fight, dust ourselves off, and continue on. We do our best to remove corruption and moral decay from society, to make life a little bit better and brighter for everyone. We do our best to surround ourselves with positive, good people. We try to make an impact, to effect change, to promote growth.

I had a thought the other day. Bare with me as this is kind of meta. Here goes... The world I want to live in doesn't currently exist. I have to either change the outer world to reflect my inner world, or make my inner world big and real enough to fit me and the people I love inside it. This isn't a nod towards virtual reality or weird conspiracy theory, but a commitment to changing the real world, the one we live in right now, for the better.

Oh, and this is still a sewing blog, I think. So. I made the Ravine Dress by Papercut Patterns. I used a rust colored silk charmeuse. It's cut on the bias, and everything everyone says about bias cut silk draping beautifully over your curves is true... Although I'm not convinced it photographs all that well. Making and sharing this tiny piece of beauty for/with you has been a pleasure. Thank you to Keith for the photos. 

Until next time,

Amy


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Axel Skirt

V8928 Wrap Skirt!