Python Print Separates










Hello, my lovelies. I have had a lot on my mind lately, and have been relatively quiet on social media. I am still grappling with who exactly my audience is, and what exactly I should be saying to them/you. I have wanted to expand this blog outwards, to include thought posts for some time, but have a strangely intense amount of trepidation with taking this step, especially when you consider I report to myself only in this space. It is still a public space; and there are many inflammatory topics, which incidentally, happen to be some of the topics I think most need to be discussed. Any way, I will continue to wrestle with myself regarding this, and in the mean time, here is some stuff I made recently.

I made a coordinating Linden Sweatshirt and Axel Skirt. I initially wanted these two beauties to be worn together, but they actually ended up looking pretty dowdy as an outfit. I think because I made the sweatshirt so over-sized; if I sized it down and maybe shortened the skirt to knee length, these two could have made an excellent pair. Both of these patterns are tried and true and simple to make. 


I used this alluring python print stretch knit fabric from Josephine’s Dry Goods in Portland. I love how dark and macabre it is—perfect for October. I also used a black ribbed stretch cotton knit I bought a ton of about a year ago in Vancouver. It was on sale for like $3 Canadian/yard, and is ideal for making basics (I also used it to make an M6886 last fall). I get excited when I find a sturdy, knit fabric comprised of mostly natural fiber, which is stretchy enough to make form-fitting bodycon looks, but stable enough to make a sweater if you should want it to. Not being see-through is also a huge plus in my book.
















After watching another MeMadeMay go by, and participating in SewPhotoHop last month, I realized my me-made wardrobe was sorely lacking in wearable separates. I have since been trying to remedy that by making lots of easy-peasy wearable knit garments. I have a couple more to go before I tackle my goal project this year: my first piece of outerwear. 

That’s all for now! See you next time!


—Amy


Want more? Follow me on Bloglovin' or IG



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Notes From The Comeback Kitten/ Papercut Patterns Ravine Dress

V8928 Wrap Skirt!

Axel Skirt