Sweaters in September









Hello my lovelies. I hope everyone is having a beautiful September. Although I am a Summer gal at heart, I am pretty relieved to see the rain return to Washington and wash away this drought. There have been wildfires up and down the West Coast this past Summer, causing air quality problems and generally being the Debbie Downers of an otherwise enjoyable outdoor season. It actually rained during this shoot, and we had to run between the rain drops to capture these photos. It started raining much harder a couple minutes in, and we were only able to get a couple good shots, so I hope you like them.

This is my Coppelia Cardy, and my first time making up something by Papercut Patterns. I particularly love the packaging for Papercut Patterns, and the sturdy, recycled paper they print their patterns on. I'm not sure why it took me as long as it did to realize they have a really great collection of patterns. I could easily see myself making up several of their other patterns in the near future.

Anyway, for the fabric I used an eggshell colored waffle knit from Nancy's Sewing Basket in Seattle. Nancy's is probably my favorite fabric store in the area... They always seem to have a beautiful fabric waiting for me to come in and snap it up. This fabric has a lot of stretch.

I cut out a small, and should've cut the extra small (although I am never an XS in RTW-- I think mentally that may have thrown me off). The small was gigantic on me. I ended up bringing in both side seams quite a bit to make this fit me better. Next time I will just cut the XS. Everyone loves to tell me to check the finished garment measurements before cutting, but finished garment measurements are usually just the length if I'm not mistaken. What I need to see is the width.

This went together pretty nicely. I don't have any complaints with the instructions. They actually had a nice, arguably necessary reminder to pre-wash my fabric before cutting (I tend to get excited, start cutting, then remember several cuts in that I didn't pre-wash). Thanks Papercut, for the reminder.

And that's the whole 2 scoops on this one. How much fun have you guys been having with #sewphotohop on instagram this month?! I am loving finding tons of talented new seamstresses to follow and converse with, and there have been some truly hilarious posts as well. My favorites have been seeing other people's sewing spaces (some people were brutally and humorously honest and raw with this one, showing us the creative mess it takes to make something beautiful), seeing people's sewing mistakes (some really funny and relatable stuff cropped up here too), and just generally discovering what a wild, rule-breaking bunch of bad-asses other seamstresses are :)

That's all for now!

--Amy


Still reading? Follow me on Bloglovin'



Comments

  1. Very cute outfit as a whole!
    I also love Papercut's packaging.

    The finished garment measurements of a pattern will be relevant to whatever the pattern is. So if a bodice, you should see bust, waist and then the length from the back of the neck down (or something similar). For a skirt you may see waist, hip and length. sometimes something will be omitted because it's irrelevant (like the waist measurement on a tent dress).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

V8928 Wrap Skirt!

Axel Skirt

Notes From The Comeback Kitten/ Papercut Patterns Ravine Dress