One Last Summer Dress/ Ogden Cami













Hello, my lovelies. Can you believe Summer is already winding to a close? Last month was an exciting one for me-- I travelled the furthest away from home I've ever been, all the way to Fiji for some much-needed rest, sun, and ocean-basking. It was wonderful to slow down and break away from the relentless daily grind for a short while, and I felt completely re-set upon my return. It's weird, but being very far from my daily life seemed to help me gain some perspective on it. I was able to take a bird's eye view of my own life, which helped me pinpoint where to focus my energy moving forward. All the world's a stage, and I, merely a player. Or something like that ;) I also had a monumental birthday; let's just say I changed decades. Anyway, let's talk about this dress, shall we?

This is the beautiful Ogden Cami from True Bias, lengthened into a dress. Since the return of the popularity of the slip dress, I've been trying to find a simple, uncomplicated slip dress pattern. Something I could channel the 90s, sultry, sleep-wear-as-day-wear trend in while traipsing through humid Summer nights, wearing as little as possible. I saw someone else's Ogden Cami dress on IG a few months back and thought, of course! This pattern has the potential to become a wardrobe staple with its clean, elegant lines and intuitive construction. I understand why so many people have fallen in love with it.

The fabric I used is rayon Cotton + Steel Magic Forest collection. Other than morphing into its alter-ego, Wrinklestiltskin at every turn, this fabric worked quite nicely. I do think for my next version I will use silk, as this pattern is practically begging for smooth, fluid, lightweight drape.

And there you have it. My last official Summer dress for the year. I'll be over here crying into my sunblock and counting out the days til next Summer if you need me. I do actually have fairly practical sewing plans for Fall in line. I am planning on making some sweatshirts and maybe even a jacket! Exciting stuff, you guys.

Stay tuned.

--Amy


Still reading? Consider following me on Bloglovin'





Comments

  1. This is really gorgeous. It's so elegant, the fabric is stunning and the overall garment is perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

V8928 Wrap Skirt!

Axel Skirt

Notes From The Comeback Kitten/ Papercut Patterns Ravine Dress