V9251, Turn Up The Heat!










Hey guys! I hope everyone's July is going swimmingly. July and August are tied for my favorite months of the year. I am a sucker for Summer Heat. It's also Leo season grrr :) I've been enjoying snatches of this Summer wherever and whenever I can. Life has been busy as ever, and I often find myself wishing there were more hours in the day. There simply is not enough time for all the easy breezy Summer dresses I would like to make. That it's beautiful outside more often than not also calls me away from my sewing machine quite a bit. I love sewing, but I love nature more. Here is my latest make!

This is V9251, a beautiful and simple pattern that hasn't forgotten how to turn up the heat. My version is sans pockets and sleeves; I simply didn't think the dress needed either. I know for extremely skilled seamstresses, making patterns with tons of details and flourishes can be very gratifying as you are able to really showcase your own crafts[wo]manship. I am in a place where I just want things to look good and work for my life. Lately I've been inspired by flowy, deep cut, minimalist dresses, and feel no reason to complicate something already so ideal.

This dress was easy (for my skill level) to make and put together. I serged all the raw edges and finished the hem, neck line, and armholes with rolled hems. I almost think I could have sized down on this dress, although I think the loose fit works for hot Summer days. The front bodice is pretty open and well, breezy. I am firmly rooted in the our bodies are beautiful camp, and see no issue with showing them off. But, if you are seeking more coverage, I think a tank top or lacy bralette underneath would do just fine.

In other news, Keith and I are about to take off to Fiji for a little over a week! I am pleased to say several of my me-mades were packed into my carry-on. I think I might finally have figured out the connective link to my recent sewing-- vacation wear! HA! Now I just have to take more of them...

That's all for now! Don't forget to get outside and enjoy your Summer!

xoxo,

Amy

PS. Like what you see here? Follow me on Bloglovin' to never miss a post :)

Comments

  1. Lovely piece of design along with a perfect photo shoot.
    With that it seems that a good dresser also love good food, and if you like to cook at home then the following app is one of the best app for you.
    https://goo.gl/5mVvd2
    download it to your smart phone and check it .

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Notes From The Comeback Kitten/ Papercut Patterns Ravine Dress

V8928 Wrap Skirt!

Axel Skirt