Stretch Knit LBD








Hey guys, Happy October! Is everyone enjoying Fall? I'm here to bring you yet another iteration of M6886 (I know I know...). I make this pattern a lot. Since construction is pretty basic, I will simply tell you why I keep making it, other than the obvious- it's good.

1. I wear my previous two M6886 iterations more than any of my other me-mades. They come on vacations with me as they are easy one-stop outfits which can be worn to and from the pool, but also anywhere else without eliciting scandalous looks. They are also perfect for lazy Saturday errand-running.

2. I was inspired by Karla Deras .

3. Although shirt-dresses and bodycon dresses are common in RTW fashion, I usually find the quality to be lackluster. For instance, the fabric used is typically very thin, very stretchy, poly-blend, which is see-through and loses it's shape easily, and sometimes even itches. Not my cup of tea. I prefer to use thicker cotton knits like this one (this dress is legitimately warm; it was about 50 degrees when these pictures were taken, and I wasn't the least bit chilly).

So that's my reasoning. I have no problem buying RTW tee shirts, but dresses are a bit different for me; I like them to fit in more precise ways than what RTW typically offers. Any way, one construction detail I would like to mention is the crossover V-neck! I've never done a knit V-neck or a crossover for that matter. I watched a quick youtube tutorial on this and was able to figure it out. My Singer Pro had kind of a hard time top-stitching through 4 layers of the medium-weight fabric, and I struggled to get 4 layers under the presser foot at all. The feed dogs kept catching on the fabric. Does anyone have tips regarding this? Anywho, here is a pic of my neckline handiwork. The x is a bit wonky, but I think it's still pretty good for my first time.


And that's the story on this one! I will be wearing her to a Young the Giant concert this week in Vancouver. This is definitely a piece I have 0 shame wearing in public. It's taken me a while to get here, but I am in a place where I am loving my makes pretty hard. Hopefully I can keep it going!






I hope you enjoyed the goth, October feel on this picture-heavy post! If you are liking what you are reading/would like an update every time I post, follow me on Bloglovin .

I am currently listening to:



xoxo,

Amy

Comments

  1. I LOVE THIS! Sorry to yell. This is just the kind of thing that I would not think to make, but look how stylish, sexy and comfy you look. I really want a dress just like it! Great job on the V neck, too. They are so hard!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Funny, the quest for the perfect LBD is never over for me. I constantly think about making more of them! But this one is quite comfy :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Axel Skirt

V8928 Wrap Skirt!

Notes From The Comeback Kitten/ Papercut Patterns Ravine Dress