You Just Have To Jump



Oh, hello my lovely readers! I hope you all had a lustrous and beautiful March! This month, for me, has been about endings and changes. This was my last month living in Chicago (the only place I've ever lived). Keith and I are moving to Northern Washington State; we begin our looong long drive tomorrow. I'm not sad about leaving, but super excited to be embarking on what I imagine to be a grand adventure. I've been wanting a change of both pace and scenery for some time now, and I have kind of a nervous energy and over-all hopefulness for what this re-location can bring into our lives.

When I talk to people about our move, a good portion of them express a desire to do something similar, followed by a reason why they can't. "I wish I could do something like that..." You can. I think the trick is that if you wait til you're 100% ready to do it, you'll think of 10 more excuses not to. You prepare as best you can, but at some point, you just have to jump.



This month I wanted to make something I already had all or most of the supplies for, to avoid purchasing more stuff right before we move. I settled on this wrap dress, B6054, and a light-weight two-way stretch knit. I bought this fabric from Vogue several years ago when I first decided to start sewing but knew nothing about fabric. When I recently found it at the bottom of a storage bin I thought, oh sweet Mother of Zeus, what am I going to do with you? When I later decided to make a wrap dress with fabric I already had, however, it quickly became clear not only that this fabric made sense for a wrap dress, but that it was the only fabric I had that made sense for a wrap dress. I was concerned it would look a bit more eccentric than I was prepared to look, but I actually think the print is a nice touch with this design.





The construction was fairly straight-forward, if somewhat origami-like at times. This pattern has quite a few pleats, which I think it could have done without. The pleats add bulkiness to the mid-section which is attractive on 0% of body types I have encountered. I am pleased with this dress over-all and will be making more wrap dresses in the future.



Well, that's all for now. The next time I post it will be out of WA.

Here is an article I found on Miss Make's blog about why we should stop caring what other people think. This knocked me out of my socks.

And now that Spring has sprung, everyone I know is trying to configure their Summer work-out plan. I know I am. I am largely a runner, but last year I focused quite a bit on my abs as well. This year I want it to be abs and butt, and I want to end the cycle of Summer workouts into Winter couch-surfing.

To help inspire your workout plan, here is one of my faaavorite songs to run to:


Until next time!

xoxo,

Amy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

V8928 Wrap Skirt!

Axel Skirt

Notes From The Comeback Kitten/ Papercut Patterns Ravine Dress