Slip Into Interlude, B6288






















Forest nymph or tarot-reading third period ditcher? Remains to be seen, I guess. I like to think I'm a little of both. It's been a while since I posted. This last month and a half has been both incredibly strange and difficult. I ended a 4+ year relationship with my significant other and a 2+ year relationship with my former employer. I'm facing another cross-country move. The man behind the curtain has been peering out at me, see how the curtain rustles? Luckily, sewing is a hobby/skill I picked up specifically as something to do to steady my hands and calm my spirit when my brain is exhausted with analysis. So, amidst everything else, I managed to finish this simple project.

This is B6288, a vintage slip pattern I bought on Etsy. You may remember this silk charmeuse fabric as the lining on my Sapporo Coat a few months back. I had the foresight to buy enough for a couple projects.

This slip is pretty minimal in design. I did make a few mods, as the pattern only came in 1 size, and was too roomy. I narrowed the bodice/back band in the center and added a zipper because I was having issues with getting it over my shoulders. I was really frustrated with this project until we shot it, and I viewed some of the photos. After zooming out my perspective to the full project from the small flaws, I really started to see this dress differently. I'll probably wear it with a black bralette or tee shirt under IRL, but aesthetically, I enjoyed the drama of so much skin for this shoot. Also, if you haven't yet made a floaty, feminine dress from silk charmeuse yet, I highly recommend it. It feels just as magical and lightweight as it looks.

These pictures, and most of the others that came before it, were taken by Keith. He generously offered to take these photos after our breakup (still friends, as you may have guessed). Aside from being my former partner and best friend, he has been my biggest supporter in sewing and blogging, always encouraging me to take the classes, buy more fabric, take more ridiculous pictures, and generally pour more fuel on the proverbial fire. To say that I feel gratitude for the support doesn't begin to cover it.

Until next time,

Amy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

V8928 Wrap Skirt!

Axel Skirt

Notes From The Comeback Kitten/ Papercut Patterns Ravine Dress