Tee Shirt Dress / M6886




Hello and Good Day! I hope this post finds you well. I know it's been a while since my last post, and as much as I'd like to post more frequently, I just don't have the lightning seamstress touch some of the more talented/practiced makers seem to enjoy. I promise I will work on getting there (this is more a promise to myself than to you, dear reader). Onto the good stuff! I made a tee shirt dress out of McCall's M6886. I was looking for a quick and gratifying make while I waited for some fabric to arrive for another project. This pattern, at just 4 pieces, definitely fit the bill. It's literally a front piece, back piece, and two sleeve pieces. How delightfully straight-forward, yes? I made no alterations to this, and it fits well! Heaven be praised!

This did end up taking me a wee bit longer than expected because I was struggling to put a rolled hem on the curved neckline, which the pattern called for. After reading a bit about rolled hems, I came to the conclusion that my fabric was too thick to put a rolled hem on a curve with no bunching. I ended up finishing the raw edge with a zig zag stitch and sewing it down to the wrong side, just like that! Because this is such a casual garment, I really don't think it's worse for the neckline work-around. I'm overall happy with the finished product, and would indeed like to make this again most likely in a darker color like black or navy. This is such a basic, versatile dress with potential to dress up or down. I definitely recommend this pattern if you're looking for something simple and easy to sew. This pattern also comes with several length and sleeve variations, as well as a V-neck option. Happy tee shirt dressing!


Pictures again by Keith.

Until next time!

xoxo,

Amy

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

V8928 Wrap Skirt!

Axel Skirt

Notes From The Comeback Kitten/ Papercut Patterns Ravine Dress